NBC firmly shuts door on Bill Cosby

New Pittsburgh Courier

TV Bill Cosby This Nov. 18, 2013 photo shows actor-comedian Bill Cosby in New York. (Photo by Victoria Will/Invision/AP)

PASADENA, Calif. (AP) — The door is firmly shut to Bill Cosby’s return to NBC, the network’s top entertainment executive said Friday.

“That’s safe to say,” NBC Entertainment Chairman Bob Greenblatt said Friday when asked if the network would ever again do a project with Cosby, who 30 years ago was the sitcom king with NBC’s “The Cosby Show.”

NBC’s decision to sever ties with the 77-year-old comedian comes in the wake of multiple allegations of sexual assault against him, two lawsuits and a complaint to Los Angeles police earlier this week from a woman who says the comedian sexually abused her in 2008.

The network said late last year it was dropping plans to develop a “classic” family sitcom with him.

The series was announced in mid-2014, before a rising tide of accusations…

View original post 211 more words

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s